Selecting the right school for your child is one of the most important decisions a parent can make. At Nullawarre and District Primary School we aim to provide prospective families with the opportunity to see our school in action and meet staff and students in order to make a truly informed decision. Children who reach the age of five by April 30th may commence Prep at the beginning of the year. We welcome all other enrolments at any time of the year. All prospective families are invited to meet with the Principal for a personalised tour and to discuss your child’s educational requirements.
2024 Prep (Foundation) enrolments
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new state-wide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Nullawarre and District Primary School.
The Starting school page on the Vic Gov website contains all the information for families on enrolling their child in a Victorian government school. Please see an overview of this information below.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Nullawarre and District Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school on 03 5566 5267 to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- Submit an enrolment form for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Supporting documentation for enrolment
An enrolment form must be completed if you are enrolling your child for the first time in the Victorian government school system. Most commonly this would occur at Foundation (Prep).
This form seeks personal and health information that should only be provided to the school your child will attend.
You will be required to provide the following information and documentation:
- evidence of identity and date of birth (for example, a birth certificate or passport)
- Immunisation History Statement
- your contact details
- emergency contact details
- health information about your child (such as allergies or illnesses they need to manage)
- other legal orders relating to your child and their welfare.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
Parent Information Booklet
Our Parent Information Book contains all current information about our school, including our philosophies, curriculum, extra-curricular activities, bus travel, uniforms and more.